If we are unable to identify you from electronic searches, we will contact you explaining what we require, and which forms of proof of id are acceptable. Other acceptable documents include driving licences, bank statements and HMRC correspondence.
We would require 1 document from Section 1 and 2 documents from Section 2 below.
Section 1 – Identity documents
- UK passport
- EEA and Switzerland passport
- EU member state national ID photocard
- UK driving licence photocard
- Firearms / shotgun licence
- Valid old-style UK driving licence (requires two additional address documents)
Section 2 – Address documents
- Valid UK driving licence photocard (if not used as a proof of identity)
- Bank / Building Society / credit card statement dated within last 3 months
- Utility bill dated within the last 3 months
- Annual council tax bill
- Annual mortgage statement
- HMRC self-assessment letters or tax demand dated within the current financial year